Storm debris disposal instructions for Marlborough residents
The City of Marlborough, Department of Public Works is pleased to announce that beginning (today) August 30, the city will be accepting branches and/or tree limbs from private residential property resulting from the Hurricane “Irene” storm event that swept through our region on August 28. Bagged leaves may be left curbside and will be picked up with regular trash.
Only single family, 2-family and 3-family residential properties, and only tree debris associated with this storm will be allowed and/or accepted at 402 Hudson Street at the “Old Hudson Street Landfill Site”. The hours of operation, duration and location for this storm debris site are as follows:
Location: 402 Hudson Street – “Old Hudson Street Landfill Site”
Time: Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Duration: Aug. 30 – Sept. 17
Please note the following requirements/restrictions listed below will apply and be strictly enforced:
1. Marlborough residents (ONLY).
2. Wood and brush must be separated at the disposal site.
3. No commercial vehicles will be allowed into the site location and/or allowed to dump storm debris.
4. No private contractors will be allowed into the site location and/or allowed to dump storm debris.
5. Proof of residency to enter debris site (license, registration, tax bill)
6. Trailers in lieu of pickup trucks will only be allowed if bed size is the same size as pickup truck.
Residents who have collected tree debris associated with this storm event from their private property may dispose of these materials in compliance with the above conditions. Please let your friends, neighbors and family know of this opportunity. If they have already placed storm debris within the city's right-of-way layout or more specifically on sidewalks, residents must make arrangements to bring this debris to the Hudson Street location. Please note, the city WILL NOT be picking up private property debris from the curbside. For further information, contact city officials at (508) 624-6910 ext. 7300.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=12635