The C.A. six tips of the day for Feb. 23
On a happier note, also on this date, in 1954, the first doses of polio vaccines, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, were administered to a group of Pittsburgh school children.
Here are six tips for the day –
1. It's only February vacation but it's not too early to think about summer vacation. Shrewsbury's schools will be holding sign-ups for the summer enrichment program starting on Feb. 27.
2. The Southborough Genealogy Club will be hosting an interesting talk tonight at the library on the 1912 Bread & Roses strike in Lawrence.
3. The Northborough Free Library has several events today for kids to do, including drop-in LEGOs and an afternoon movie. Click here for more details –
4. The cause of the four-alarm fire in Westborough on Feb. 22 is still under investigation. Crews from ten local towns assisted in the efforts that day, including Boylston firefighters, who covered at the Westborough Fire Station.
5. Check out Hudson's website where you can find a great deal of information and even watch a video that provides a virtual tour of the town.
6. The city of Marlborough has joined the social media era – it now has an official Facebook page.
And of course, don's forget that the Community Advocate is on Facebook too, with updates posted throughout the day!
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=18586