Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition announces 2012 Against the Tide
Region – The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition’s (MBCC) Against the Tide event celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2012. The morning event consists of competitive and recreational swim, kayak, walk, and run components. New in 2012 is an Aquathlon consisting of a competitive 1-mile swim and your choice of a competitive 5K or 10K run.
The 20th annual Metro Boston Against the Tide event will be held at DCR’s Hopkinton State Park Saturday, June 23. The annual Cape Cod Against the Tide event will be held at DCR’s Nickerson State Park Saturday, Aug. 18. Both events start at 7 a.m. and end at 12 p.m.
Visit www.mbcc.org/swim or call 800-649-MBCC for more information and to register.
DIRECTIONS: DCR’s HOPKINTON STATE PARK
- Take I-495 to (North or South) exit 21A.
- Route 135 East to Hopkinton Center.
- Turn left, traveling North on Route 85 (Cedar Street).
- Entrance 2 miles on right (do not enter the Field Office on the left).
- Swim will be held at Upper Beach, Hopkinton Reservoir in the park.
DIRECTIONS: DCR’s NICKERSON STATE PARK
- Take Rte. 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge
- Take Rte. 6 to exit 12 in Orleans
- Turn left off the ramp onto Rte. 6A West towards Brewster.
- Continue for about 2 miles. Park Entrance is on left.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=22236