The C.A. six tips of the day for May 22
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
Region –Today is Tuesday, May 22, the 143rd day of 2012. It is also National Maritime Day in the U.S. According to the website, www.nationalmaritimeday.org, the day is a way to “honor merchant mariners for their dedication to promoting commerce and protecting our freedom.”
On this day in 1958, singer Jerry Lee Lewis, age 22, announced he had gotten married – to his first cousin, once removed, Myra, who was only 13. The ensuing scandal rocked his career (and not in a good way) for many years afterward.
Today’s birthdays include tennis superstar Novak Djokovic (1987) Olympic speed skating champion, Apollo Ohno (1987), and tempestuous model Naomi Campbell (1970).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Thursday, May 24 is the last day to register for the Arts Alliance’s Summer Fun Exhibit. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/05/05/hudson-deadline-for-arts-alliance-summer-fun-exhibit/
2. Two local towns are holding blood drives this week –
3. Congratulations to Northborough resident (and Algonquin Regional High School alumnus Keane Southard) who was recently awarded a Fulbright grant.
4. Here’s more information on the job fair that will be held in Marlborough June 13.
5. If you love dogs, then you won’t want to miss the C.A.’s Managing Editor Kathy Behan’s charming blog this week.
6. It’s that time of year – graduation! Why not share your pride in your college graduate’s success with our readers? Email your news updates to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=22216