The C.A. six tips of the day for June 29
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 2009 Yemenia Flight 626 crashed into the Indian Ocean, killing 152 people. Bahia Bakari, a 13-year-old French schoolgirl and dubbed by the media as the “Miracle Girl,” was the only survivor.
On this day in 1995, the Sampoong department store in Seoul, South Korea, collapsed, killing 500 people.
And on this day in 1974 Isabel Perón was sworn in as the first female President of Argentina, after the previous president, her husband, Juan, delegated his responsibilities due to his failing health.
Happy birthday today to – Nicole Scherzinger, singer with the Pussycat Dolls (1978), comedian Richard Lewis (1947) and Fred Grandy, who although he became an Iowa congressman, is probably best known as “Gopher” from the 1970's television show, The Love Boat.
Here are six tips for the day –
1. As a reminder, the towns of Southborough and Westborough will be holding a public auction of surplus equipment this Saturday, June 30. You can see a list of the specific items here –
2. Crepes from around the world? That sounds like a delicious idea! The newly-formed Multicultural Advisory Team will feature these tasty treat during its second Multicultural Festival to be held at the Shrewsbury Public Library Saturday, June 30.
3. Elvis is appearing in Hudson this Saturday, June 30! Well, actually it is “ELVIS! featuring Dana Z,” but it's sure to be a blast. More details here –
4. The Musical/Dancing Fountains in Shrewsbury's Dean Park are a big hit with residents. There will be a special musical presentation on July 2 and July 4.
5. The Hudson Elks will present the Kelly Miller Circus for the exhibition of an all-new show Monday, July 2 at the Elks Lodge, Park Street. Activities begin at 7:30 a.m., and the tent will be raised at 9 a.m. Guides will be furnished for school groups and anyone who attends.
6. Anyone driving to or through Northborough recently has certainly been held up by the traffic caused by the ongoing streets improvement project. Here's the latest update from the town ?
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=23856