The C.A. six tips of the day for July 12
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 1962, a band that would change rock music forever – the Rolling Stones – performed for the very first time.
Before Sarah Palin became a household name, there was another woman who was chosen to be a candidate for Vice President. On this day in 1984, Walter Mondale announced that Representative Geraldine Ferraro of New York would join him on the ticket.
It’s been a hot summer so far but not as bad as it was on this day in 1995, when the Midwest was really, really hot. By the time the heat wave broke a week later, 1,000 people had died in Illinois and Wisconsin from heat-related causes.
Today’s birthdays include: actor/comedian Bill Cosby (1937); fitness guru Richard Simmons (1948) and Tom Kenny, the voice of the cartoon character, Sponge Bob (1960).
Here are six tips for the day -
1.Why not check out the Bay State Green “Summer Concerts in the Park” at Bay State Commons Shopping Center, 10 Union St., Westborough tomorrow night, July 13? The concert is free, but suggested donations of $5 per person or $20 per family will be gratefully accepted.
2. There’s still time to donate items to the Westborough Historical Society yard sale, which will be held this Saturday, July 14. Check here for more information.
3. Several Northborough residents were recently victims of some nefarious behavior in that town.
4. A proposed Shrewsbury flea market continues to be the subject of much debate. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/07/11/zba-closes-hearing-on-shrewsbury-flea-market/
5. Do you have a story idea that you think would interest our readers? If so, there’s now an easy way to let us know! Simply go to our home page, www.communityadvocate.com and click on the red button on the top right. Just type in your idea and hit send – it’s that easy!
6. The C.A.’s Classified Ads are a great place to look for a local service or to advertise yours!
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=24323