The C.A. six tips of the day for Aug. 3
Region – Today is Friday, Aug. 3, the 216th day of 2012.
On this day in 1936, the great American athlete Jesse Owens won the 100 meter dash at the Berlin Olympics.
On this day in 1949, the rival Basketball Association of America (BAA) and National Basketball League (NBL) merge to form the National Basketball Association (NBA).
And on this day in 2005, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad became the president of Iran.
Today’s birthdays – New England Patriots star Tom Brady (1977); diva/ businesswoman Martha Stewart (1941) and actor Martin Sheen (1940).
1. The Westborough Community Band will be performing this Sunday, Aug. 5, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Bay State Commons bandstand.
2. There’s still time to donate to the St. Mary’s Credit Union drive to collect school supplies for needy kids.
3. The Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts (BIA-MA) will be holding its 2012 Annual Golf Classic Monday, Aug. 6 at Juniper Hill Golf Course, 202 Brigham St., Northborough. BIA-MA is an amazing group that provides support, prevention, education, and advocacy for individuals with brain injury and their families.
4. Westborough will be holding a Special Town Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 7 to see if the town should approve Tax Increment Financing plans for two companies. Here is the Advisory Finance Committee’s opinion on the matter -
5. The Marlborough Public Library will be presenting a Comic Art Workshop, focusing on Manga, Tuesday, Aug. 7. Teens and adults will learn how to create their own stories and characters from experts Andy and Veronica Fish.
6. Shrewsbury officials are doing their best to keep residents informed on a number of annoying issues such Asian Long Horned Beetles, mosquitoes and road pavings.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=25031