The C.A. six tips of the day for Aug. 8
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 1974, Richard M. Nixon, the 37th President of the United States, announced that he was resigning. Nixon’s decision came after a long, stressful investigation into his involvement in the Watergate affair resulted in impeachment proceedings initiated against him.
On this day in 1969 one of the most iconic album covers in history was shot when photographer Iain Macmillan took a photo of the Beatles crossing a London street for the cover of their album, Abbey Road.
And on this day in 1956 a tragic coal-mine fire killed 262 miners in Marcinelle, Belgium.
Happy birthday today to – actor Dustin Hoffman (1937); U2 rock guitarist Dave “The Edge” Evans (1962); and tennis star Roger Federer (1981).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Have you been to the Westborough Farmer’s Market yet? If not, you really must go! It is awesome!
2. This project will be painful, no doubt, but is necessary.
3. On Thursday, Aug. 9, the Marlborough 2012 Summer Concert Series will feature The Continentals. The free, two-hour performance takes place on Union Common, 91 Main St.
4. “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do: A Musical Comedy Featuring the Songs of Neil Sedaka” will be performed by the Regatta Players Theater Group Thursday, Aug. 10 and Friday, Aug. 11, at 7:30 p.m. each evening, and Saturday, Aug. 12, at 2 p.m., at The Flanagan Theater of Southgate at Shrewsbury, 30 Julio Dr., Shrewsbury.
5. On Thursday, Aug. 10, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., Bay State Green “Summer Concerts in the Park” Singer-Songwriter Night will be held at 10 Union St., Bay State Commons Shopping Center, Westborough. Featured act: The Edna Project (eclectic folk/rock, Americana and bluegrass style).
6. And just because puppies are the best, here’s one to brighten your day!
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=25101