The C.A. six tips of the day for Sept. 10
On this day in 1991, the single beloved by some and mocked by others, “Smells like Teen Spirit,” by Nirvana was released. The song was responsible for not only launching Nirvana’s career from a little-known Washington band into superstars, but also establishing alternative rock music as a mainstream force.
And on this day in 2008, the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, the Geneva, Switzerland based headquarters for the European Organization for Nuclear Research, was powered up.
And speaking of Switzerland, on this day in 2002, after decades of neutrality, it joined the United Nations.
Happy birthday today to – golf legend Arnold Palmer (1929); actor Colin Firth (1960); and Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry (1950).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The Northborough Historical Society has some great family activities scheduled for the upcoming Applefest celebration.
2. Mosquitoes (and all their nasty related diseases) have been in the news a lot lately. The Central Mass. Mosquito Control website has some great information and tips.
3. The town of Hudson has a Local Initiative Project (LIP) home for sale for eligible low and moderate income buyers. For more information or applications go to -
4. This week Shrewsbury High School soccer star Gabrielle Auzenbergs is featured in our Athlete’s Spotlight.
5. Did you know the Epicurean Restaurant at Assabet Valley Regional Technical School also has a catering business?
6. On Wednesday, Sept 12, 10 a.m., the Southborough Public Library’s First Wednesday Book Group will meet to discuss its summer book, “The Descendants “by Kaui Hart Hemmings. Call the library at 508-485-5031 for more information.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26086