The C.A. six tips of the day for Sept. 15
Region – Today is Monday, Sept. 17, the 261st day of 2012.
On this day in 1787, the U.S. Constitution was signed in Philadelphia.
On this day in 1908, Orville Wright was piloting a plane with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as his passenger, when the plane crashed. Selfridge became the very first person to die in an airplane crash.
And on this day in 1983, Vanessa Williams, Miss New York, became the first African American woman to become Miss America. She was forced to give up her crown a year later when nude photos of her were published in a men’s magazine.
Today’s birthdays include – the late John Ritter (1948); the late Hank Williams Sr. (1923) and race car champion Jimmie Johnson (1975).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The Rotary Club of Westborough will be presenting its second annual “Living with Diabetes (Type 2)” symposium tomorrow, Tues., Sept. 18, at 6:30 p.m., at the Mill Pond School, 6 Olde Hickory Path, Westborough.
2. The Northborough Food Pantry has put out an urgent plea for non-perishable donations.
3. The Westborough Planning Board will be holding a public hearing on large scale ground-mounted solar photovoltaic installations at the Forbes Municipal Building, tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m.
4. The Friends of the Shrewsbury Senior Center, Inc. will kick off the new year Tuesday, Sept. 18, at 1 p.m., with Steve Henderson’s program, “JERRY ATRIC – The Older I Get.”
5. The public is welcome to attend a free Grief Recovery Support Group at the Marlborough Hospital starting tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 18. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/08/30/marlborough-grief-recovery-support-group-starts/
6. It’s not uncommon for motorcyclists to get together and go on a long ride. Recently a group in Marlborough did just that – to raise money in memory of a man who died much too young.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26384