The C.A. six tips of the day for Sept. 26
Region – Today is Wednesday, Sept. 26, the 270th day of 2012.
Nowadays, coverage concerning elections, including debates, commercials and pundits expressing their opinions, dominates television and cable networks. It was not always that way until the tide turned on this day in 1960, when Massachusetts Democratic Senator John F. Kennedy and Republican Vice President Richard M. Nixon participated in a nationally televised presidential campaign debate. Unfortunately for Nixon, his sweaty, gray demeanor was no match for the charming, young, handsome Kennedy.
On this day in 1969, one of the most iconic (and mocked) television series of its generation premiered – “The Brady Bunch.”
And on this date in 1789, Thomas Jefferson was appointed the first United States Secretary of State.
Happy birthday today to – tennis superstar Serena Williams (1981); singer/actress Olivia Newton-John (1948); and singer Christina Milian (1981).
1. The Marlborough Economic Development Corporation has just announced a new website, http://visit-marlborough.com, to help encourage tourism in the city.
2. On Thursday, Sept. 27, from 7 to 8 p.m., the Marlborough Public Library is offering residents a great service – free drop-in computer help. A Reference Librarian will be on-hand to help you create an email account; access websites; learn Microsoft Office basics; download books to your Kindle or Nook; and more! You can bring your own laptop computer, or use one of the library’s computers to work on your project.
3. All the stores are already getting into the Halloween spirit –so why not the rest of us? Here’s an exhibit in Hudson that might just get you in that “spooky” mood!
4. The Southborough Library’s Genealogy Club will meet Thursday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m. The project on tap that evening will be an obituary indexing project that will help the genealogy community.
5. A color guard from Northborough’s American Legion Vincent F. Picard Post 234 recently participated in a solemn ceremony to honor the country’s prisoners of war and those missing in action.
6. The town of Southborough is in the process of proposing some zoning changes. http://www.southboroughtown.com/Planning/ProposedZoning.htm
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26644