The C.A. six tips of the day for Oct. 1
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 1890, an act of Congress approved the creation of the 1500-acre Yosemite National Park in California.
On this day in 1962, one of television's most iconic personalities – Johnny Carson – took the airwaves as the host of the late-night talk show, The Tonight Show. ?
And on this day in 1987, an earthquake rocked Whittier, CA, killing six people and injuring 100 more.
Today's birthdays include – actress Julie Andrews (1935); former U.S. President Jimmy Carter (1924) and the late actor Tom Boseley (1927).
Here are six tips for the day ?
1. Hundreds of people celebrated the Spirit of Shrewsbury over the weekend, including U.S. Sen. Scott Brown! Here are two stories with all the details and pictures from what was a truly awesome celebration.
2. The Westborough Planning Board will be holding a public hearing tomorrow night, Tuesday, Oct. 2 to discuss a proposed donation from the Rotary Club of Westborough.
3. The Westborough Fine Arts Education Association (WFAEA) will hold its fall membership meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct.? 2, at 7 p.m., in the Westborough High School library. ?All members or interested parents and guardians are invited to attend.
4.? Wednesday, Oct. 3, the Friends of the Shrewsbury Public Library will be presenting a special program, d “Meet John Adams: A Lively and Revolutionary Conversation with America's Second President,” at the Southgate Theater, 30 Julio Dr., Shrewsbury.
5. A breast cancer support group will meet tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct. 3, from 7 to 8:30 p.m., in the Schwartz Conference Room at Marlborough Hospital, 157 Union St.
6. Representatives from business, education and government will be participating in the 4th Massachusetts Green Career Conference this Thursday, Oct. 4 in Marlborough.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26860