The C.A. six tips of the day for Oct. 2
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 1948, the National Association for Stock Car Racing (NASCAR) was officially incorporated.
On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall was sworn in as the first African-American justice of the United States Supreme Court.
And on this day in 1950, the beloved comic strip “Peanuts” by Charles M. Schulz was first published.
Today’s birthdays include – Mahatma Gandhi (1869); Sting (1951); and Kelly Ripa (1970).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Biz2Biz Expo Thursday, Oct. 4, from 4 to 7:30 p.m., at the Marlborough Courtyard by Marriott (corner of Route 20 West and Felton Street) in Marlborough.
2. Here are some more pictures from this past weekend’s Spirit of Shrewsbury.
3. The Westborough 10-year-old All Stars recently raised more than $28,000 for cancer care and research as part of the 2012 Jimmy Fund Little League Program.
4. A noted economist recently presented an overview of how he feels the economic recovery is progressing to the Corridor Nine Area Chamber of Commerce.
5. The Shrewsbury Woman’s Club recently donated $1,200 to the Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, Inc.
6. The town of Hudson will soon be holding two flu clinics for residents.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26900