The C.A. six tips of the day for Oct. 5
Region – Today is Friday, Oct. 5, the 279th day of 2012.
On this day in 1962, the first James Bond film, “Dr. No,” was released. Starring as the iconic Bond was Sean Connery, who many consider the best to ever play that role.
Also on this day in 1962, the Beatles released their first single, “Love Me Do,” with the B-side, “P.S. I Love You.”
And on this day in 1969, another iconic British institution gets its start with the airing of the first episode of “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”
Happy birthday today to three sports legends – former NBA star Grant Hill (1972) and two NHL superstars born on the same day in 1965, Mario Lemieux and Patrick Roy.
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Shrewsbury Boy Scout Troop 114 will be holding its fall Bottle and Can Drive this Saturday, Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the Shrewsbury Town Hall, 100 Maple Ave., Shrewsbury. Clean and dry beer boxes will also be most appreciated.
2. It’s always fun to meet authors and hear their perspectives on how and why they wrote their books. Two authors will be at Tatnuck Bookseller in Westborough this Saturday, Oct. 6.
3. Southborough will be celebrating Heritage Day Monday, Oct. 8. For more details go to the Southborough Recreation Department’s website –
4. Monday, Oct. 8 is the Columbus Day holiday and as a result, municipalities have made adjustments for trash pick-ups. Here’s information on Shrewsbury’s –
5. Public access TV has come a long way since the days of “Wayne’s World.” Westborough- TV not only covers many town meetings but also has other great programs as well. Check out its website to learn more – http://www.westboroughtv.org/
6. Here’s a story about a wonderful Marlborough organization dedicated to helping people with issues surrounding addictions to alcohol and drugs.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=27076