Shrewsbury Public Library to host Oct. 21 tax talk on health care savings
Shrewsbury – If you’re like most people, you’re probably unaware of an important way to save money come April 15. Taxpayers with health savings accounts and high deductible health plans often overlook or are unaware of some of the benefits these tax deferred vehicles offer them, especially when it comes to reducing your tax burden. Sunday, October 21, at 2 p.m., a local certified tax preparer will be at the Shrewsbury Public Library to explain all this.
Some of the points to be covered include:
• What should I know before or during your open enrollment period for employee benefits.
• What is an HSA and what are the tax benefits?
• How much can I contribute to my 401K to maximize my tax savings?
• Am I familiar with the new tax laws regarding HSA’s and FSA’s?
• What questions do I have about dependent care benefits.
At this presentation, you will learn how to maximize your savings while reducing your taxes.
This is a very timely topic, particularly since most employee benefits open enrollment periods are ending soon. Call the library at 508-841-8531 for more information about this program.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=27436