The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 8
On this day in 1960, John F. Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon to become the 35th president of the United States of America.
On this day in 1966 former Massachusetts Attorney General Edward Brooke became the first African American elected to the United States Senate since the end of the Civil War.
And on this day in 1971, Led Zeppelin released what many consider to be one of the greatest rock albums of all time, Led Zeppelin IV. Songs on the album include classics such as “Black Dog,” “Rock and Roll,” ”Misty Mountain Hop,” “When the Levee Breaks,” and one of the most iconic rock songs of all time, “Stairway to Heaven”.
Happy birthday today to – chef/TV personality Gordon Ramsay (1966); college football coach Bobby Bowden (1929), and TV entertainment host Mary Hart (1950).
1. The Algonquin Regional High School Boys Ice Hockey Team is hosting its 3rd Annual Dodgeball Tournament Saturday, Nov. 10.
2. The First Congregational Church of Shrewsbury will hold its Fall Church Fair Saturday, Nov. 10, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. The Assabet Valley Mastersingers, with orchestra, will perform “Bach & Handel – A Different View” Saturday, Nov. 10, at 8 p.m., at St. Mary’s Church in Shrewsbury.
4. Tatnuck Bookseller in Westborough will be presenting New York Times bestselling author William Martin Saturday, Nov. 10, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Martin will be discussing his new novel, “The Lincoln Letter.”
5. A blood drive will be held Wednesday, Nov. 14 at St. Luke’s Church in Westborough to benefit Westborough resident Chris Foy, who is currently battling Leukemia.
6. Here’s a great idea in Shrewsbury that benefits not only library patrons but a drive to raise monies for a new World War I monument.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28234