The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 9
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
Region – Today is Friday, Nov. 9, the 314th day of 2012.
On this day in 1965, a huge power failure near Ontario left millions of people in the eastern parts of the U.S. and Canada in the dark.
On this day in 1872, a fire that started in a basement warehouse ripped through the city of Boston, killing 14 people and destroying hundreds of buildings.
It’s featured everyone from the Beatles to Snooki on its front cover. On this day in 1967, the first issue of Rolling Stone was published.
Today’s birthdays include – the late astronomer Carl Sagan (1934); actor Lou Ferrigno (1951) and actress Nikki Blonsky (1988).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Good news for the city of Marlborough as Boston Scientific has announced it will be moving its global headquarters to Marlborough starting next year.
2. Marlborough residents may drop off debris from Hurricane Sandy at 402 Hudson Street (the former Hudson Street Landfill Site) starting Saturday, Nov. 10. Please see the city’s website for restrictions and dates excluded.
3. The Ski Ward Race Team, based out of Ward Hill in Shrewsbury, welcome young racers of all abilities.
4. Sunday, Nov. 11, Tatnuck Bookseller will be presenting a special mini performance of “The Nutcracker” by the Youth Ballet of Worcester Company/Ballet Arts Worcester.
5. Several local communities will be commemorating Veterans Day over the next few days.
For Marlborough –
For Westborough -
6. The Westborough Board of Health will be holding a flu clinic on Thursday, Nov. 29 for all residents three years or older.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28252