The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 13
On this day in 1982, one of the most poignant and beautiful monuments in Washington, D.C. opened – the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
On this day in 1970, a 100-mph tropical cyclone killed an estimated 500,000 people in what is now Bangladesh.
And on this day in 1927, the Holland Tunnel opened, linking New Jersey to New York City via a tunnel located under the Hudson River.
Happy birthday to – director Gary Marshall (1934); actor Chris Noth (1954); and talk show host Jimmy Kimmel (1967).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Lisa Braccio and Parker Swan will be honored at the 2012 Northborough/Southborough Good Scout Dinner, to be held tomorrow evening, Wednesday, Nov. 14 at the Doubletree Hotel in Westborough.
2. “Outstanding American Quilts and Coverlets Since 1620″ will be presented Nov. 14, starting at 7 p.m., by Henry Callan at the Shrewsbury Historical Society at 1830 Brick Schoolhouse, 17 Church Rd., Shrewsbury.
3. The Friends of Southborough Library will hold its monthly meeting a week early this month, on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 7:30 p.m., at the library, 25 Main St. The agenda will include new fundraising ideas such as holiday sales.
4. It’s not too early to start holiday shopping – in fact here’s a great local idea. The Westborough Newcomers Club (WNC) invites you to a Night of Holiday Shopping Thursday, Nov. 15, from 7 to 9 p.m., at St. Luke’s Parish Center, 1 Ruggles St., Westborough..
5. And while you are out shopping in the next few weeks, why not consider picking up a few items for the Shrewsbury Youth and Family Services Toy Drive?
6. The Marlborough Rotary Club does such a great job helping members of the community. Recently they started a Rotaract Club, which is Rotary for young adults.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28368