The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 15
Region – Today is Thursday, Nov.15, the 320th day of 2012.
On this day in 1777, the Continental Congress approved the Articles of Confederation.
On this day in 1969, Dave Thomas opened the first of his iconic fast food restaurants that he named for his daughter – Wendy’s.
And on this day in 2007, Cyclone Sidr hit Bangladesh, killing an estimated 5000 people.
Today’s birthdays – basketball star Amare Stoudemire (1982); gold medalist figure skater Oksana Baiul (1977); and the late actor Burgess Meredith (1907).
Here are six tips for the day:
1. A fire has devastated a family home in Northborough.
2. N.E.T. Works Productions, Inc. presents “The Scheme of the Driftless Shifter” tomorrow, Friday Nov. 16, Saturday Nov. 17 and Sunday, Nov. 18 in the Flanagan Theatre at the Southgate Retirement Community, 30 Julio Dr., Shrewsbury. For more details:
3. The Westborough Senior Center will be holding its Fall Fair this Saturday, Nov. 17.
4. On Saturday, Nov. 17, Sweet Talk Radio will perform, with local Kelly Ann Kerr opening the show, during the Sally Johnson Presents & Boroughs JCC Community Folk Series.
5. A basket raffle, featuring themed gift baskets, will be one of the highlights of the Meeting House Fair, to be held Saturday, Nov. 17 at the First Congregational Church in Marlborough.
6. St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Shrewsbury will be hosting a Thanksgiving Bake Sale, Luncheon & Holiday Marketplace on Saturday, Nov. 17, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28493