The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 21
Region – Today is Wednesday, Nov. 21, the 326th day of 2012.
On this day in 1877, Thomas Edison revealed his latest invention, the phonograph.
On this day in 1922, Rebecca Latimer Felton of Georgia became the first female U.S. Senator.
And on this day in 1989, a huge fire at the MGM Grand Hotel in Paradise, Nev. killed 87 people and injured 650 others.
Today’s birthdays – Goldie Hawn (1945); Marlo Thomas (1937) and Carly Rae Jepsen (1985).
Here are six tips for the day:
1. Maybe a big Thanksgiving lunch isn’t your thing? Then perhaps you might be interested in a big breakfast that day instead. If so, consider that Thanksgiving morning, Nov. 22, from 8 to 11 a.m., the Siloam Lodge of Masons will be holding its all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at 12 Church St. in Westborough. This annual tradition is a fundraiser for the Masonic Angel Fund.
2. It’s a big week, of course, for football. Here’s a profile on a local star, Shrewsbury High School’s. Ryan Dube.
3. Here’s a great way to get rid of all your bottles and cans that have accumulated in your home. On Saturday, Nov. 24, the First United Methodist Church (FUMC) and St. Luke’s Parish will host their annual Bottle & Can Drive to help fund the group’s annual journey to volunteer with the Appalachia Service Project.
4. Northborough Boy Scout Troop 101 will be conducting its annual wreath sale Saturday, Nov. 24. Check this link for more information.
5. It’s a big week, of course, for football. Here’s a profile on a local star, Shrewsbury High School’s. Ryan Dube.
6. Don’t forget – this Saturday is Small Business Saturday! Be sure the check the Community Advocate to check out the ads for many of your local businesses.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28683