The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 23
Region – Today is Friday, Nov. 23, the 328th day of 2012.
On this day in 1984, in a last-minute desperation play that is still talked about, Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie threw a 64 yard “Hail Mary” pass to teammate Gerard Phelan, allowing BC to beat the University of Miami 47-45.
On this day in 1980, a series of earthquakes in southern Italy killed approximately 3,000 people.
And on this day in 2005, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf was elected president of Liberia, becoming the first woman to lead an African country.
Happy birthday today to: Robin Roberts (1960); Miley Cyrus (1992); and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi (1987).
Here are six tips for the day:
1. As you start your holiday shopping, don’t forget to shop at your local stores and establishments! Be sure to check the Community Advocate print and online versions for ads on great sales.
2. ConnectingPoint Church invites all to enjoy in a session this Sunday, Nov 25 to make Christmas cards and care packages for Marlborough fire victims. For more information -
3. Northborough Boy Scout Troop 101 will be conducting its annual wreath sale tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 24.
4. Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts, the creators of “zentangle”, will be signing copies of their new book, “The Book of Zentangle,” at the Art and Frame Emporium, tomorrow, Sat. Nov. 24.
5. The Rotary Club of Westborough will be holding its annual Festival of Lights tree lighting ceremony this Sunday, Nov. 25 at the town’s rotary.
6. The Corridor Nine Area Chamber of Commerce November Membership Breakfast with Mini-Grants Presentation will be held Tuesday morning, Nov. 27.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28731