The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 26
Region –Today is Monday, Nov. 26, the 331st day of 2012.
It’s in shambles now due to a lockout, but on this day in 1917, the National Hockey League was formed in Canada.
On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Nov. 26 as a national day of Thanksgiving. In future years the day would be celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.
And on this day in 1842, the University of Notre Dame was founded.
Born on this day – Tina Turner (1939); Natasha Bedingfield (1981) and the late Charles Schulz (1922).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Holiday Shopping Boutique tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 27, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Main St. Café. Admission is free but shoppers are asked to bring a non- perishable food products and/or canned goods that will then be donated to the Marlborough Community Cupboard.
2. Speaking of the Cupboard, a local church society, in partnership with the Chamber Music Metrowest, recently donated an astounding 1,140 pounds of food to the organization.
3. The Hudson Historical Society will feature a presentation on the career of Baseball Hall of Famer and Hudson native Wilbert Robinson tomorrow night, Tuesday, Nov. 27. For more details :
4. The Westborough Garden Club will present its annual holiday program, “Holiday & Winter Floral Designs,” Wednesday, Nov. 28 at the Mill Pond School. The featured guest will be floral designer Tony Todesco.
5. Designer Jewelers, a family-owned Westborough business, announced not only are they a collection site for the Marines’ Toys for Tots program this holiday season, they will also match all donations received in their store.
6. There are still a few days left to participate in the Shrewsbury Public Library’s amnesty for fines program to benefit the World War I Memorial Project. For more details go to:
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28823