The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 28
On this day in 1942, 491 people were killed as a fire raged through the Cocoanut Grove nightclub in Boston.
On this day in 1925, the Grand Ole Opry began broadcasting in Nashville, Tenn.
And on this day in 1994, notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was killed by a fellow inmate in the Columbia Correctional Institute gymnasium in Portage, Wis.
Today’s birthdays include – Jon Stewardt (1962); Paul Shaffer (1949) and the late Anna Nicole Smith (1967).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The city of Marlborough has released the following information regarding a winter overnight parking ban:
The city’s overnight parking ban goes into effect on December 1, 2012 and will continue through March 15, 2013. During that period, on-street parking is prohibited from 11:00pm to 6:00am every night. Vehicles violating the ban are subject to a $10 penalty.
Additionally, vehicles that interfere with snow or ice removal operations are subject to towing and storage at the owner’s expense.
2. Northborough residents and shoppers will have to contend with some delays on Route 20 this weekend.
3. The 2012 Pediatric Brain Injury Conference, sponsored by Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts (BIA-MA), will be held tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 29, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Best Western Royal Plaza in Marlborough.
4. A local Realtor, Keller Williams Realty is asking for the public’s help this holiday season in providing foster children with bags or suitcases.
5. Southborough author Diane E. Root will be discussing her new children’s book, “Solomon Sire and the Fantastic Fib,” at the Southborough Library tomorrow afternoon, Thursday, Nov. 29. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/11/14/southborough-library-hosts-author-diane-e-root/
6. The Westborough Board of Health will hold a public flu vaccination clinic tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 29, from 1 to 4 p.m., at the Westborough Senior Center, 4 Rogers Rd. The clinic is open to Westborough residents who are three years of age or older.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28865