The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 29
Region – Today is Thursday, Nov. 29, the 334th day of 2012.
On this day in 2011, physician Conrad Murray was sentenced for the involuntary manslaughter of singer Michael Jackson.
On this day in 1972, Pong, the first commercially successful video game, was released by Atari.
And on this day in 1929, U.S. Admiral Richard Byrd became the first person to fly over the South Pole.
Today's birthdays – Howie Mandel (1955); Mariano Rivera (1969); and Anna Faris (1976).
Here are six tips for the day ?
1. Friday, Nov. 30 and Saturday Dec. 1, at 7:30 p.m. each evening, the AMSA Theater Group will present “A Christmas Carol” in Marlborough High School's Little Theater. Set in modern London, AMSA's production is a new twist on a holiday classic.
2. For a different kind of festive fun, check out on Friday, Nov. 30 the Gypsy Moon Dance Company's production of “Anything Goes ” which will be held at the Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School. The event is billed as a multicultural fusion of flamenco, folkloric, gypsy, cabaret and tribal styles of dance inspired by the dances of the Middle East, Spain, North Africa, Central Asia, Turkey, and India.
3. The Northborough Recreation Department will be holding a Holiday Treasure Sale (yard sale)/Sports Equipment Sale on Dec. 1 from 3 to 5 p.m., at the Northborough Town Hall gym. ?New and gently used toys, games, bikes, sporting equipment and more will be on available for purchase.
For more details –
4. Pets are important members of families! As such, Pet's Gone Healthy, a Marlborough business, will be hosting its eight annual 8th annual Holiday Open House Weekend this Saturday, Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2.
For more details –
5. A patriarch of the Hebert Candies family, Raymond Hebert, who was known as “The Candy Man,” has passed away.
6. When you are out shopping over the next week, why not pick up an extra toy or two to donate to the U.S. Marine Corp Reserve Toys for Tots program? The Shrewsbury Patrolman Local 426 is just one of the local groups collecting toys as part of this initiative.
For more information –
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28927