The C.A. six tips of the day for Dec. 3
By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
On this day in 1979, 11 people were killed as fan rushed to get general admission seats at a Who concert in Cincinnati.
On this day in 1947, the play, “A Streetcar Named Desire,” written by Tennessee Williams, opened on Broadway.
And on this day in 1967, in a South African hospital, Lewis Washkansky became the first person to receive a human heart transplant. Sadly he only lived 18 days until he died of pneumonia.
Today’s birthdays include Ozzy Osbourne (1948); singer Andy Grammar (1983); and portraitist Gilbert Stuart (1755).
Here are six tips for the day –
1. The first full-length, high-definition documentary film ever made about legendary conservationist Aldo Leopold and his environmental legacy will be shown at the Northborough Free Library tonight.
2. Tomorrow night, Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Northborough Garden Club will host a December Wreath Workshop at the Northborough Senior Center.
3. A Breast Cancer Support Group will be meeting at the Marlborough Hospital Wednesday evening, Dec. 5. New members are always welcome. For more information go to -
4. Here’s a great way to celebrate your love for your pet this holiday season while also helping to raise funds for a new vest for a local police dog.
5. The Corridor Nine Area Chamber of Commerce continues to make great progress in its annual food drive with the help of many generous companies.
6. The Hudson Lodge of Elks do fantastic work in the community. Its annual Christmas tree sale got off to a wonderful start this year thanks to the kindness of local one man.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=29063