The C.A. six tips of the day for Dec. 10
Region – Today is Monday, Dec. 10, the 345th day of 2012.
On this day in 1967, the great soul singer Otis Redding was killed in a plane crash in Madison, Wisc.
On this day in 1974 U.S. Representative Wilbur Mills was forced to resign after a public display of drunkenness with a stripper who went by the names of “Fanne Foxe” and the “Argentine Firecracker”.
And on this day in 1901, the first Nobel Prizes were awarded in Stockholm, Sweden, in the fields of physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, and peace.
Happy birthday today to Agnes Nixon (1927); Bobby Flay (1964); and Meg White (1974).
Here’s six tips for the day –
1. Here’s a nice way to help ensure Shrewsbury’s seniors have a nice holiday season. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/11/28/shrewsbury-stockings-for-seniors-drive-holiday-mixer/
2. The Westborough High School Wind Quintet, Brass Ensemble, Saxophone Quarter and Jazz Combo will be the guests performing at the Westborough Woman’s Club meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 11.
3. Marlborough resident Marty Foley and co-author Tom Farmer will talk about their new book, “A Murder in Wellesley,” tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 11 in Marlborough.
4. The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life off Northborough/Southborough will have an informational night for local volunteers and participants tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m., at the Algonquin Regional High School auditorium, 79 Bartlett Rd.
5. Wednesday, Dec. 12, the Shrewsbury Historical Society will present a “Victorian Christmas” at 7 p.m.
6. We often feature business briefs on our website. Check it the latest installment.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=29313