|

Marlborough Fire responds to Christmas night blaze

Marlborough – The Marlborough Fire Department released this statement this morning:

The Marlborough Fire Department responded to 97 Royce Road on Christmas night.  The 911 call was received by Fire Alarm at 8:36 PM with the resident reporting that he had a fire in the mantle of his fireplace.

Engine 1, Engine 3, Rescue 1, Tower 1 and Car 2 were dispatched on the alarm.

Engine 3 arrived on scene first and used their thermal imaging camera to find that the fire had extended in to the wall above the fireplace. A 1.75” attack line was brought in and the fire was quickly extinguished. The wall above the fireplace was opened up to make sure the fire had not extended any further. The crew from Tower 1 removed the debris from the overhauling operation assisted by the personnel from the Rescue and Engine 1.

There was a light in the fireplace mantle, to rule out the light as a cause the MFD’s Fire Investigation Unit was called to the scene as well as the city’s wiring inspector.

Engine 1, Tower 1 and the Rescue were cleared to return to quarters; Engine 3 and the FIU remained on scene.

Engine 3 and the FIU cleared the scene at 10:45 PM.

Damage to the structure was estimated at approximately $10,000.

Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=29899

Posted by on Dec 30 2012. Filed under Byline Stories, Marlborough, Police & Fire, This Just In. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply


three * = 12

Support local businesses!

Recently Commented

  • georgesedares: I find it hilarious that Shrewsbury is about to allow a growing center under the morning shadows of...
  • Community Advocate Staff: Gloria, pls contact me at 508-366-5500, ext 14 or news@communityadvocate.com. Bonnie Adams,...
  • Ben Chang: This happened two years ago. I wonder if there was any casualty or if the families affected by this...
  • Gloria gray: Hi please this case has been dismissed so I would appreciate it if you get it off your site it is...
  • Kathi Knox: To Deb’s family, I spent several years volunteering in the Littleton Schools with Deb at various...