|

Shrewsbury man dies in house fire

This home at 24 Artemas Way is a total loss after a fire Nov. 13. Photo/Jerry Callaghan

This home at 24 Artemas Way is a total loss after a fire Nov. 13.
Photo/Jerry Callaghan

Shrewsbury – An elderly man is dead after a fire broke out at his home at 24 Artemas Way the evening of Nov. 13.

According to fire officials, Richard W. Hosking, 86, died after becoming trapped in the house. His wife, Anne M. Hosking, who made it out of the home, was taken by ambulance to UMass Memorial Medical Center ??” University Campus for treatment of smoke inhalation.

The situation was compounded by what officials called “severe hoarding” in the home and the maze-like design of the home itself.

Crews from Westborough, Northborough and Boylston assisted in putting out the fire while engines from Worcester and Grafton covered the Shrewsbury fire station.

The house is a total loss.

Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=42554

Posted by on Nov 14 2013. Filed under Byline Stories, Shrewsbury, This Just In. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Please complete this math problem before clicking Submit * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Recently Commented

  • Jon P. Richey: A great season for you. The winner or learning experience will enable a player can train any further
  • pramod: i think Yoga isn’t abt what positions your neighbor can do that you can’t do, or about whatever horrific...
  • Sebastian Klassman: This is a great cause, there are many pets that need to be rescued or need medical attention as...
  • Carol: Such a lovely piece. Just a note that I will be posting it on our class page this week as we prepare for our...
  • Former Resident: In the court case held to decide if Marlborough was allowed to build a senior center on public park...