By Vicki Aubrey
The shopping is over, the decorations are down and it is finally the New Year! I have some New Year's resolutions in my real estate business to make to start the year off right:
1. I resolve to bring as much detailed information to my listing presentations as possible. It seems remarkable to me that there continue to be many potential sellers that do not know how much the market has changed in terms of pricing. I will patiently detail out all of the comparable properties and the yearly adjustment in pricing so they will have a clear picture of the change in the market. While this may bring some pain, it may also bring opportunity when they go to buy!
2. I resolve to fully explain to those sellers why this is not the market to be “testing” the market. Sellers who have gotten accustomed to their “test” price seem not to be able to be adjust to the “real” value and consequently end up selling other people's homes, not theirs.
3. I resolve to make sellers understand that condition is vitally important to a successful sale. A well-priced home that is truly in move-in condition should leave little room for negotiation in the current market. That 20-year-old carpeting has to go! Wallpaper is a no no! Be prepared to invest some dollars to freshen your home. Buyers are looking for the whole package!
4. I resolve to make sellers understand that the exposure their home will have on the Internet is key to having a successful sale. Buyers are starting their home search on major websites such as Realtor.com. Homes with many photos and movies are viewed the most – again a major reason your home has to look the part!
5. I resolve to encourage first time home buyers to take that very important step in building long-term wealth and building equity. With prices so low now there has truly never been a better time to buy…and rates are dropping making well-priced homes even more affordable. Those that miss this opportunity will be kicking themselves a few years from now!
6. I resolve to show homeowners who are hesitant to move up that now is a great time to do so – the numbers work far better in their favor with values as they are now rather than waiting until the market heat up again, which eventually it will do!
It should be quite an interesting year with a Presidential election, a slowly improving economy, better gas prices, fabulous mortgage rates and some job creation….have we turned the corner? Could be!
If you have owned your home for some time and need to move this year, you should be in a position to have a positive outcome as many have had in the past year. Please call me soon to develop your personal move plan so we have a strategy that will work for you.
And, if you need to buy, I promise to help you get the most for your money as a good buying decision now will surely pay off in the future assuming you plan to live in your new home for the next few years. I would love to help you out (or in), just give me a call at 1-508-868-3625 or leave me a message anytime at 1-508-365-4060.
Happy New Year to all!