Here are six tips for the day –
1. Whether you enjoy performing or just like to observe others, the Tatnuck Bookseller Open Mic Night, which will held at the store tonight, is sure to be lots of fun.
2. The Northborough Historical Society also has a fun presentation planned for tonight – “The Northborough Evening News at the Turn of the Century.”
3. St. Patrick's Day is still a few weeks away but here's a chance to celebrate early with the Celtic group, the Kerry Boys. They will be appearing in Hudson, Saturday, Feb. 25.
4. You don's have to go to Newport to see fantastic mansions – there are many in Shrewsbury. Read more about them here –
5. Tweens and teens are invited to meet illustrator Pamela Esty at the Southborough library, Saturday, Feb. 25.
6. If you ask most cinema fans what is on their list of classic films, “Citizen Kane” would surely appear on many. The Friends of the Marlborough Public Library will be hosting a free viewing of this film, Saturday, Feb. 25.