By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
Region – Today is Thursday, Sept. 6, the 250th day of 2012.
On this day in 1995, Baltimore Orioles superstar Cal Ripken Jr played in his 2,131 consecutive baseball game. Lou Gehrig had previously held the record for 56 years.
On this day in 1901 U.S. President William McKinley was shot by anarchist Leon Czolgosz in Buffalo, NY. McKinley survived but died a week later from complications from a gangrene infection.
And on this day in 1997, an estimated 2.5 billion people around the world watched the televised funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, who was killed in a car crash in Paris the previous week.
Happy birthday today to – Pink Floyd leader Roger Waters (1943), comedian Jeff Foxworthy (1958), and Pippa Middleton, the sister of Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge (1983).
Here are six tips for the day ?
1. The Shrewsbury Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 8:00 p.m. to discuss a potential increase in the town's water rates.
2. The Hudson Democratic Town Committee will be holding a voter registration meeting Saturday, Sept. 8, at 1 p.m., at the Hudson Fire Department headquarters, 296 Cox St.
3. The Ghost Light Players of Metrowest will perform Shakespeare's “A Midsummer Night's Dream” at Marlborough's Union Common, Saturday, Sept. 8, at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
4. Check out these great photos from Monday's Labor Day parade in Marlborough.
5. The Southborough Police Department has arrested two men who allegedly stole copper from a home in the town.
6. The Shrewsbury Public Schools program “Child Find” is dedicated to providing special education services for students with disabilities from age three through twenty-one. For more information go to –