Grafton – The Grafton Public Library, 35 Grafton Common, will be offering a variety of summer programs for kids, teens and adults.
For kids ages 0 – 11 there will be the “Every Hero Has a Story” summer reading program. Registration is now open and beginning Wednesday, July 1, kids can log time spent reading and write brief book reviews (pre-readers are encouraged to participate with the help of their adult caregiver).
Registration is also open for the teen summer reading program, “UNMASK!” and the adult summer reading program “Escape the Ordinary.” Beginning July 1, teens ages 12-18 and adults 18 and over can log time spent reading and write brief book reviews.
Visit www.readsinma.org/grafton to register online or stop by the library to sign up.
Tickets to win weekly and final-grand prizes can be earned by registered participants throughout the summer. Summer reading list titles count toward this program, and the library has print and digital copies.
The Superhero Carnival for all ages kicks off the summer reading programs, Saturday, July 11, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Grafton Common. Superheroes will be present for a photo op and participants will be able to design their superhero alter-ego.
Other program highlights for children include weekly movies, drop-in crafts, and story times throughout the summer at UniBank on Mondays at 10:30 a.m., at the Willard Clock House on Tuesdays at 2:30 p.m., and at a variety of Grafton parks every Friday at 11:30 a.m.
In addition, the library is offering the following programs: Drawing Superheroes Thursday, July 16, at 2 p.m.; Wild Heroes Animal Show Wednesday, July 22, at 1 p.m. & 2:15 p.m.; Toto the Tornado Kitten Wednesday, Aug. 5, at 11 a.m.; Finale & Jungle Jim Superhero Training Saturday, Aug.15, at 2 p.m.
Contact Sarah Banister, children’s librarian, at [email protected].
Saturday, June 20, from 1-3 p.m. the library will have a Nerdfighters afternoon with Wii U set up to play Super Smash Bros. From 4-9 p.m., there will be a Magic the Gathering Tournament.
Other programs include:
- Nail Art with Nina Park, Monday, July 13, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Spa Night, Tuesday, July 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Dungeons & Dragons, Friday, July 24, 5-9 p.m.
- Murder at the Hero and Villain Summit Mystery Party, Friday, July 31, 5-9 p.m.
- Hero Within Art Workshop, Monday, Aug. 10, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Drawing Workshop with Jack Purcell, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Teen Comic-Con at the Whitinsville Library Thursday, Aug. 13, 5-7 p.m.
Contact Allison Cusher, teen librarian, at [email protected].
Other programs include:
- History of Comics presentation, Tuesday, July 7, 7 p.m.
- Bloodmobile, Saturday, July 11, 1-6 p.m. at the Municipal Center, 30 Providence Rd.
- Author Visit: Sanjay Jain, author of “Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life” Tuesday, July 21, 7 p.m.
- Murder at the Hero and Villain Summit Mystery Party, Saturday, Aug. 1 5-9 p.m.
- LEGO Day, Saturday, Aug. 8, 7-9 p.m.
- Superhero Trivia, Friday, Aug. 14, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Contact Heidi Fowler, reference librarian, at [email protected]
The Grafton Writers Group is for adults 18 and older. Poets, essayists, blogs, diarists, memoir ghostwriters, short or long fiction writers are invited to a workshop Wednesday, June 17, at 7 p.m.
Contact Beth Gallaway, library director, at 508-839-4649 or [email protected].
Check the Library Event Calendar at www.graftonlibrary.org/events for all the details on these and other programs.
Program are sponsored by the Grafton Public Library, Friends of the Grafton Public Library, the town of Grafton, Massachusetts Library System and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.