Westborough – The Town of Westborough Fire-Rescue-Emergency Medical Services has released a statement about the early morning fire at Cheng Du Restaurant:
The Westborough Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Cheng Du Restaurant on Turnpike Rd. at 5:00 AM. The arriving units found a smoke condition inside the building. Firefighters located a fire under the building which appeared to have been caused by smoldering mulch which ignited a floor in a banquet room. The fire was brought under control within 2 hours.
Westborough Fire was assisted at the scene by the Northborough, Southborough and Hopkinton Fire Departments. Grafton Fire Department provided station coverage.