Region – U.S. Rep. James McGovern (D-2nd District) recently expressed his appreciation to the 27 Massachusetts residents who completed a summer internship in his Massachusetts district offices.
“Each summer we are proud to welcome young people from across the district to serve in our offices in central and western Massachusetts,” McGovern said. “These internships are an opportunity to serve our community and gain the valuable skills and experiences that will prepare them for rewarding careers and bright futures. It has been exciting to watch each of them learn and grow and I know big things are ahead for this next generation of leaders.”
Summer 2016 interns in McGovern’s Worcester office included:
- Benjamin Salfeld, from North Grafton, a senior at Bancroft High School in Worcester.
- Cory Sagerstrom, from Shrewsbury, a senior at St. John’s High School in Shrewsbury.
- Emily Lowe, from Northborough, a sophomore studying history and secondary English at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H.
- Emily Bigwood, from Westborough, a junior studying mathematics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester.
- Gabriel Angelini, from Westborough, a senior at Westborough High School.
- Kerry Shea, from Shrewsbury, a senior studying history and political science at UMass Amherst.
- Liam Davidson, from Shrewsbury, a freshman at Dartmouth College.
- Michael Tozeski, from Shrewsbury, a 2016 graduate from the University of Connecticut with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
- Zebra Khan, from Shrewsbury, a sophomore studying political science at McGill University in Canada.