Johnson to run for re-election to Board of Selectmen
Westborough – The town of Westborough will be holding their annual town election on Tuesday, March 17. Voters that day will cast their votes at the Westborough Senior Center, 4 Rogers Rd. – this is a one-time change.
There are no contested races this year. Incumbent Selectman Ian P. Johnson is running for another three year term.
He provided a brief statement on why he is running and the importance of eligible voters still going to the polls even though there are no contested races.
“I’m excited to be running for re-election to the Westborough Board of Selectmen. Over the last 9 years, I feel I have remained true to the three qualities that I introduced when I first ran for the Board. Those three qualities are experience, leadership, and integrity, and in all my actions as a representative of the citizens of Westborough, I have tried to bring these qualities forward.
“Working together with the other four members of the Board, I strive to make Westborough a better place today while not forgetting about tomorrow. I have worked hard to balance the demand for Town services with the concerns over tax affordability. I have worked collaboratively with Town departments and fellow elected and appointed committees to provide transparency into our financial processes and clarity into the financial impacts of our decisions.
“Over the next three years, I look forward to continuing to accomplish the goals set out in our recent strategic plan, while properly balancing new opportunities and requests that will inevitably arise.
“I take the responsibility of being a Selectman very seriously, and although I am running unopposed in the March 17th election, I would appreciate you coming out to the polls and casting your vote for me and the other candidates that have decided to run for elected office this year. Even when races are unopposed, it is important that all of us exercise the right and privilege that we have to vote for our representatives, while also showing respect for those individuals that have volunteered to run for elected office.”
The following candidates will also appear on the ballot for the town election:
Moderator (3 year term) – Vote for 1
- John E. Arnold – Candidate for Re-Election
- Town Clerk (3 year term) – Vote for 1
- Wendy L. Mickel – Candidate for Re-Election
- School Committee (3 year term) – Vote for 2
- Lisa R. Edinberg – Candidate for Re-Election, and Raghu Nandan
- Assabet Valley Regional Vocational District School (4 year term) – Vote for 1
- Paul L. George – Candidate for Re-Election
- Planning Board (5 year term) – Vote for 1
- Trustees of the Public Library (3 year term) – Vote for 3
- Patricia Fontes, William Linnane and Dorothy Mello, all Candidates for Re-Election
- Westborough Housing Authority (5 year term) – Vote for 1
- Joan Pavolis – Candidate for Re-Election
For more information on the election contact Town Clerk Wendy Mickel at 508-366-3020 or email [email protected].