To the Editor,
Trump touts our great economy. Meanwhile, over 13 million Americans are out of work, cannot afford to pay their rent/mortgage, and must work multiple jobs to make a living. We need a president who will get our economy moving again, and moving better.
Joe Biden has a plan to get our economy back on track:
- Raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- Sign into law the Protecting the Right to Organize Act.
- Create jobs through infrastructure improvements, work to combat climate change, and aid to small businesses.
- Spend $1.9 trillion on education over the next 10 years, including universal pre-K, which will allow people to get back to work; along with increased funding for schools and free tuition to community college, which will better prepare students for the jobs of the future.
- Expand access to Medicare and Affordable Care Act coverage and long-term elder care.
The middle class will be exempt from higher taxes to fund these programs. Instead, tax cuts for corporations and the wealthiest Americans will be reversed, so that they are paying their fair share. Vote Biden on November 3rd!