Marlborough – The Marlborough Democratic City Committee (MDCC) is conducting a food and personal item collection drive for the benefit of the Marlborough Community Cupboard on Monday, Jan. 18.
“We want to step up and help our fellow residents who are struggling to make it through this pandemic,” said Dan Caruso, MDCC Chairman. “So we’re asking people to donate non-perishable food items and small personal items that the Cupboard can then distribute to our fellow residents in need.”
To comply with Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines, the MDCC will conduct this collection as a curbside, no contact drop-off. Anyone dropping off items should wear a mask.
The MDCC will deliver all donations to the Community Cupboard. The collection date is Monday, January 18, is from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm. The drop-off location is124 Second Road, Marlborough. This is a private residence and drop-off will occur curbside, at the end of the driveway. In case of inclement weather on Jan. 18, the collection will take place Jan. 25 at the same time and same location. If there is inclement weather, please monitor the Marlborough Democratic City Committee website or Facebook page for updates.
Needed donations include:
- Personal items such as dish detergent, diapers, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, hand sanitizer and wipes.
- Basic cooking items such as cooking oil, cooking spray, flour, and sugar.
- Bakeable goods such as cake, muffin, and brownie, mixes.
- Peanut butter and jelly.
- Canned goods such as Spaghetti O’s, raviolis, spaghetti and meatballs, chili, canned soups, canned vegetables, and canned beans of all kinds.
- Snack foods such as crackers, cookies, raisins and other dried fruits, gelatin mixes, non-refrigerated puddings, granola bars, and popcorn.
- Breakfast items including all cereals, hot or cold.
- Condiments such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- All varieties of pasta.
For further information or questions on the collection, contact MDCC Vice- Chairwoman Barbara Allen, or members Pam McNair or Kathleen O’Connor.
Barbara Allen, [email protected] 508-341-5881
Pam McNair, [email protected] 508-294-5481
Kathleen O’Connor, [email protected], 508-271-5221