Marlborough – The Marlborough Democratic City Committee (MDCC) is conducting its second collection drive for the benefit of the Marlborough Community Cupboard on Saturday, March 27, 2022, rain or shine.
The MDCC plans to do four of these drives per year going forward.
“Thanks to the generosity of our residents, the first effort brought in more than a ton of food and personal care items, along with more than $500 in gift cards for the Community Cupboard,” said Dan Caruso, MDCC Chairman. “The need is still great, so we’re asking the community to step up again and help our neighbors in need.”
This collection will be conducted as a drop off at the Kane School, 520 Farm Road, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 27. The MDCC has rented a box truck to store and deliver the donations. The drop off will comply with CDC Guidelines, requiring facemasks and no direct contact. The MDCC will deliver all donations to the Community Cupboard on March 30.
Needed Donations Include:
- Children’s items, especially diapers and wipes.
- Basic cooking items such as cooking oil and sugar.
- Bakeable goods such as cake, muffin, and pancake mixes.
- Peanut butter and jelly.
- Canned goods such as Spaghetti O’s, raviolis, spaghetti and meatballs, chili, canned soups, canned vegetables, and canned beans of all kinds.
- Snack foods such as crackers, cookies, raisins, Jello mixes, Jello pudding, and popcorn.
- Breakfast items including all cereals, hot or cold.
- Condiments such as ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
For further information or questions on the collection, contact MDCC members Pam McNair or Teria Ellis, by email at: Pam McNair: firstname.lastname@example.org or Teria Ellis: email@example.com. Or contact Pam McNair by telephone at 508-294-5481.