MARLBOROUGH – Marlborough’s free Summer Concert series will return this year, with performances in multiple locations throughout the summer.
Recently announced, the lineup includes a kickoff show on June 9 at Memorial Beach. The band Late Bus will bring rock music to the shore of the Fort Meadow Reservoir for that show.
“I don’t recall having a concert at Memorial Beach and thought it would be something different to offer folks,” Vigeant said of the Memorial Beach performance in a press release this week.
Lawn chairs and blankets are recommended for those attending at Memorial Beach.
Concerts will then continue on Thursdays through mid-August at Union Common in the downtown area.
This year’s events will feature local breweries Tackle Box, Flying Dreams and Lost Shoe on a rotating schedule.
The concert area, likewise, is being augmented with new tables, benches and string lighting.
Union Common performances are scheduled as follows:
- June 16: Color Killer, Crack the Void and the Dialers – Pop/punk music – (Tackle Box Brewing)
- June 23: Usual Suspects – Classic rock – (Flying Dreams Brewing)
- June 30: Dom V & the Swing Out Band – Big band – (Lost Shoe Brewing)
- July 7: South Bound Train Band – Country – (Tackle Box Brewing)
- July 14: Childhood and Huck – Pop/rock-n-roll – (Flying Dreams Brewing)
- July 21 – True North – 1970s and 1980s rock-n-roll – (Lost Shoe Brewing)
- July 28 – Three of a Kind Band – Classic rock and oldies – (Tackle Box Brewing)
- August 4 – Rico barr Band – Pop music through the decades – (Flying Dreams Brewing)
- August 11 – The Reminisants – Oldies/rock-n-roll. – (Lost Shoe Brewing)
All shows will be held at 7 p.m.