WESTBOROUGH – The Westborough Fire Department has a new lieutenant.
During the Select Board’s meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 10, board members presided over the swearing-in of Fire Department Lt. Corey Anderson.
“The swearing-in is one of the most important ceremonies [in the department],” said Fire Chief Patrick Purcell.
Anderson has been a member of the department since 2013. He is currently a member of Group Two, and is a paramedic.
Members of Anderson’s family, including his father, Andrew, a member of the Westwood Fire Department, took part in the ceremony.
Other appointments announced during the meeting:
- Fire Department Deputy Chief Stephen Doucet has been appointed the deputy Emergency Management Director, and named to the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Deborah Ledoux has been appointed interim town clerk until the Annual Town Election on March 14. Ledoux will take over for Wendy Mickel once she retires on Jan. 27.
- Jennifer Miller has become the town’s new Conservation Agent. She comes from Seekonk, where she worked as a conservation agent for the past six years.
- Linda Smith has been appointed by Town Manager Kristi Williams as the town’s new Treasurer/Collector. She will begin Feb. 6; her appointment will run through June 30, 2026.
- Patrick Welch will become the Select Board’s representative to the Town Planner Search Committee. Jim Robbins, who has served as Town Planner for 30 years, will be retiring in late March.