MARLBOROUGH – Clean out your garages and basements – the Marlborough Rotary Club and the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a recycling event.
Come to Navin Rink, 451 Bolton St., on Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All communities are welcome.
- For $40 per carload or truckload (plus additional costs for certain items), you can recycle:
- Electronics – computer, CPU towers, modems, routers, switches, circuit boards, keyboards, mice, accessories, printers, desk and cell phones, VCRs and DVD players, radios, laptops, cameras, cables, wires, games, copiers, fax machines, metal desks, metal file cabinets, scanners, servers, ballasts, etc.
- Electrical equipment – small countertop appliances, motors, shop equipment, heaters, fans, extension cords, lamps, medical equipment, fire alarms, light fixtures, chargers, etc.
- Metals – pipes, scrap metal, metal pots and pans, all metal ware, bicycles, etc.
- Large appliances – washers, dryers, microwave ovens, stoves, hot water heaters, dishwashers, compactors, heaters
- Yard and lawn equipment – lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saws, weed whackers, power yard equipment (no liquids).
There will be an additional cost for TVs (any size, $40 each); computer monitors (any type, $25 each); computer or audio speakers ($20 per pair); child car seats ($20); household vacuums ($20 each); treadmills ($25 each); appliances with freon (small $15 each, large $25 each); lithium ion batteries (power tools – $5 each); lead acid batteries (yard equipment, boats, cars, RVs – $10 each); small batteries (AA, AAA, C or D – $5 per quart).
Items not accepted include wood, bulk paper, light bulbs (all kinds), fluids, Styrofoam, plastics, tires, mattresses, textiles, fabrics, upholstered furniture, carpet, pool liners, books, ceramics, porcelains, brick, stone, hoses, glass, glass table tops, board games, large plastic children’s toys.
Proceeds will benefit the Marlborough Rotary Club Foundation and the MRCC’s not-for-profit designation.
For information, visit www.marlboroughrotary.org, or [email protected].