- This event has passed.
Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club hold recycling event
June 19 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Marlborough – This year, the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce joins with the Marlborough Rotary Club in their big Recycling Event. They invite one and all from anywhere in New England to clean out their attics, basements, and businesses and get rid of their junk as the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce joins the Marlborough Rotary Club’s 10th year of the Recycling event on Saturday, June 19, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Navin Rink Parking Lot, 451 Bolton S.t, Marlborough. It is only $40 per car/truck load!
Since the fall of 2011, the Marlborough Rotary Club created a one-day project for folks to recycle all their unwanted computers, electronics, appliances, and more. The event is open to all communities and is focused on recycling household items rather than adding these items in the landfills.
Many things that have been sitting around in your attic, basement, or garage could be recycled at this Recycling Day event for just $40 per carload or truck load. Items include:
- Electronics of all types – computers, CPUs, games, accessories, cell phones, VCRs laptops, cameras, cables, wires, keyboards, mice
- All electrical equipment – small appliances, motors, shop equipment, heaters, fans, extension cords, lamps
- Vehicle batteries, cars, boats, RV’s etc.
- Large appliances – washers, dryers, microwaves, AC units, freezers, refrigerators without Freon
- Yard and lawn equipment – mowers and snow blowers (no fluids)
- Televisions – $40 any size
- Computer Monitors – $25 each
- Audio speakers – $20 per pair
- Child car seats – $20 each with fabric removed
- Household vacuum cleaners $20 each
- Treadmills $25 each
- Appliances with Freon – Large $25 each, Small $15 each
- Lithium Ion Batteries (i.e. Power tools) $5 each
- Lead Acid Batteries (i.e. Yard Equipment, cars, boats, and RV’s) $10 each
- Small Batteries (i.e. AA, AAA, C, D) $5 per quart
Unfortunately, wood, plastic, tires, mattresses, textiles, hoses, glass, pool liners or children’s plastic toys will not be accepted.
This is open to all communities in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, and Vermont! Please call 978-875-0097 with any questions that you might have about the event.
Since 1922, the Rotary Club of Marlborough has supported the youth and charitable organizations of our community and the Rotary Foundation’s efforts to enhance our world.