By Bonnie Adams, Government Editor
Region –How are you feeling today? Because today is Friday, April 13, the 104th day of 2012. If you have fear of the number 13, you have a condition known as “triskaidekaphobia.”. And if you have fear of Friday the 13th, then you have “friggatriskaidekaphobia.”
There are many theories about why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky. In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness. (Twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, and twelve Apostles of Jesus, to name a few.) Adding a 13th to the mix was considered to have thrown off that balance. There is another superstition, believed to be related to the Last Supper, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of those diners.
Today's birthdays include – Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States (1801), R&B singer Al Green (1946) and Soviet chess master Garry Kasparov (1963.)
1. Share your stories – and probably a lot of laughs too – at this fun event in Hudson Saturday night, April 14.
2. Patti DeRosa's music is described as an “eclectic mix of contemporary acoustic music peppered with rhythm and spice.” You can hear for yourself at Tatnuck Bookseller on Saturday night, April 14.
3. Don's know a lot about Facebook and Twitter? Chances are your kids do! This presentation in Northborough on Tuesday, April 17 is geared to help parents become more knowledgeable about what their kids may be up to online.
4. Residents and non-residents alike are welcome to sign up for this youth baseball and T-ball clinic that will be held in Shrewsbury next week.
5. A lack of snow and rain might make for nice weather, but the price we'sl all be paying is mandatory water restrictions. Westborough selectmen have warned they will probably institute one by May 31; Hudson officials have already announced that town will be starting May 1.
6. Here's a great story about the C.A. Athlete of the Week, Marlborough High School's Spencer Little.