The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 16
Region – Today is Friday, Nov. 16, the 321st day of 2012.
On this day in 2001, the first feature in what would become a hugely successful movie franchise, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, opened in the U.S.
On this day in 1973, U.S. President Richard Nixon signed the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act into law, authorizing the construction of the Alaska Pipeline.
And on this day in 1914 the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States officially opened.
Here are six tips for the day –
1. Shrewsbury’s Floral Street School PTO will be holding its annual Floral Family Fun Fair Saturday, Nov. 17, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be something for everyone, including a market and craft fair with over 25 vendors. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/10/12/shrewsbury-floral-family-fun-fair/
2. The Northborough Garden Club will be presenting Holiday Enchantment, featuring floral designer Bill Graham Saturday, Nov. 17 at the Peaslee School.
3. For something different, consider checking out “Twelfth Night,” billed as a Shakespearean battle of the bands and wills at the Hudson High School this weekend. Check here for show times.
4. Here’s a wonderful way to kick off a busy holiday season – the Heritage Chorale, under the direction of John Finney, will open its 76th season with a performance of Handel’s Messiah at St. Mark’s School Performing Arts Center Sunday, Nov. 18.
5. Temple Emanuel of Marlborough will be holding its annual Holiday Shop Sunday, Nov. 18. http://www.communityadvocate.com/2012/11/09/marlborough-temple-emanuel-hosts-holiday-shop/
6. Our friends at the Westborough Fire Department offer some great advice on their Facebook page – check it out!
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=28544