Southborough – Should the Town of Southborough have a Town Manager and a five-person Board of Selectmen? To discuss this, the town of Southborough will hold a SDCTML (Southborough Drafting Committee for Town Manager Legislation) forum Monday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m., at Cordaville Hall (Southborough Senior Center), 9 Cordaville Rd.
This forum will feature Shrewsbury's Town Manager Daniel J. Morgado and a member of Shrewsbury's five person Board of Selectmen. The guests will attempt to answer residents” questions, including:
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of this proposed form of government?
• Will it improve the efficiency of delivering services?
• Will it make the government more or less transparent?
• Will it facilitate the budget process?
• Will it entice more folks to run for office, volunteer for a committee?
The Town Manager/five-person Board of Selectmen has been in place in Shrewsbury since 1953. Morgado is a graduate of Bridgewater State College and holds a Master's of Public Administration from Clark University. He has been the Town Manager of Shrewsbury since 1997. Prior to 1997, he served as Town Administrator in the Towns of Easton and Blackstone. For several years, Morgado has been an instructor in the Clark University MPA Program specializing in the area of Policy Analysis and Local Government Management.
In addition to Morgado, Southborough's Town Administrator Jean Kitchen and Southborough's three-person Board of Selectmen have also been invited.