The shopping is over, the decorations are down and it is finally the New Year! I have some New Year’s resolutions in my real estate business to make the year start off right:
- I resolve to bring as much detailed information to my listing presentations as possible. It seems remarkable to me yet there continue to be many potential sellers that do not know how much the market has changed in just the past year! After a few hard years they may just be pleasantly surprised at their fair market value.
- I resolve to fully explain to those sellers why this is not the market to be “testing” the market. Sellers who have gotten accustomed to their “test” price seem not to be able to be adjust to the “real” value and consequently end up selling other people’s homes, not theirs. If 2018 is anything like last year we need inventory priced right – the buyers are out there and they are educated!
- I resolve to make sellers understand that condition is vitally important to a successful sale. A well-priced home that is in truly move-in condition should leave little room for negotiation. That 20-year-old carpeting has to go! Wallpaper is a no-no! Be prepared to invest some dollars to freshen your home. Buyers are looking for the whole package and they will pounce on the right property – hopefully yours!
- I resolve to make sellers understand that the exposure their home will have on the internet is key to having a successful sale. Buyers are starting their home search on major websites such as Realtor.com. Homes with many photos are viewed the most – again a major reason your home has to look the part! Professional photos will showcase your home in its best light.
- I resolve to encourage first time home buyers to take that very important step in building long-term wealth and building equity. With homes still affordable now it’s still a great time to buy and stable rates make well-priced homes even more affordable. Those that miss this opportunity will be kicking themselves soon.
- I resolve to show homeowners who are hesitant to move up that now is a great time to do so – the numbers work far better in their favor with values as they are now rather than waiting until the market is really on fire again, which, eventually it will be!
It should be quite an interesting year with the improving economy, better gas prices, mortgage rates still good and a fairly low unemployment rate.
If you have owned your home for some time and need to move this year, you should be in a position to have a positive outcome as many have had in the past year. Please call me soon to develop your personal move plan so we have a strategy that will work for you.
And if you need to buy I promise to help you get the most for your money! I would love to help you out (or in). Just give me a call at 508-868-3625. Happy New Year to all!
Realtor, ABR, SRES
Voicemail Pager: 508-365-4060
Email: [email protected]
A member of the franchise system of BHH Affiliates, LLC.