Sr. Agnes R. Richardson, RGS, 93, a Sister of the Good Shepherd

45

Aug. 14, 1930 ~ April 24, 2024

Framingham – Sister Agnes Rose Richardson, RGS died April 24, 2024 at Bethany Health Care Center in Framingham, MA after an illness. She was 93 years of age and had been a Contemplative Sister of the Good Shepherd for 74 years.

Sister Agnes Rose was born August 14, 1930 in Brooklyn, NY, the daughter of William Richardson and Eleanor (Schukis) Richardson.

Sister graduated from Mt. Florence High School, Peekskill, NY in 1949. Sister then entered the Novitiate of the Contemplative Sisters of the Good Shepherd where she received her training and formation in the life and ministry of the congregation. Sister Agnes Rose pronounced her first vows in 1952 and made her final commitment in 1958.

Sister served in the Altar Bread Department in the Contemplative community in Brooklyn, NY; Hartford, CT; and Peekskill, NY. In 1987 Sister Agnes Rose together with a small community of Contemplative Sisters began a new community in Trenton, NJ. When this community closed in 2003 Sister was missioned to the Contemplative Sisters in Wickatunk, NJ.

In all of her missions, she generously shared her gifts and talents. Sister was a woman of great wisdom and a dedicated community leader.

In 2015 Sister went to Good Shepherd Center in Marlborough, MA. Due to failing health, Sister Agnes Rose was then missioned to Bethany Health Care Center in Framingham, MA in 2018.

Sister Agnes Rose is survived by her nephew, William Clausen of Stamford, CT, and a niece, Janet Clausen of Bridgeport, CT.

Amass of Christian Burial will be Celebrated Wednesday May 1 at 10:00 AM in St. Matthias Church, 409 Hemenway Street, Marlborough. Burial will follow in Mount Benedict Cemetery, West Roxbury.

Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Collins Funeral Home, 378 Lincoln Street, Marlborough, MA.

Expressions of sympathy in memory of Sister Agnes Rose may be made to the Good Shepherd Retirement Fund, 420 Hemenway Street, Suite 466, Marlborough, MA 01752.

The Sisters of the Good Shepherd were founded by St. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier in Angers, France in 1835, in the United States (Louisville, KY) in 1843, and in Boston in 1867.

No posts to display