The C.A. six tips of the day for Sept. 24
On this day in 2005, just three weeks after Hurricane Katrina devastated much Louisiana and other Gulf Coast states, ?Hurricane Rita struck Texas and parts of Louisiana. Although the death total was not as high as Katrina, Rita still caused approximately $12 billion in damages.
On this day in 1968, the iconic CBS show, “60 Minutes” first aired.
And on this day in 1890 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints officially renounced the practice of ?polygamy.
Born on this day three late iconic figures – Jim Henson (1936), F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896) and Linda McCartney (1941).
Here are six tips for the day –
1. Tuesday, Sept. 25, at 7:30 p.m., the Northborough Art Guild will meet at the Northborough Historical Building, 50 Main St. The featured guest will be artist Tom Sutherland will give a watercolor demonstration and lecture.
2. Several local synagogues have announced plans for Yom Kippur including these two –
3. Hudson residents or just those a fan of local history may be interested in a discussion of
“Hudson's Poor Farm” to be presented by the Hudson Historical Society on Tuesday, Sept. 25 .
4. Paying for college is daunting for more parents and students alike. The Southborough Public Library will be hosting a seminar on Tuesday, Sept. 25 to help local families figure out where they should start in the process.
5. A charity golf tournament was held in Grafton Friday, Sept. 21 to honor the memory of the late Westborough resident, Greg Montalbano.
6. A local nun has just celebrated an amazing 60 years of service as a sister in the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin order.
Short URL: http://www.communityadvocate.com/?p=26591