Westborough – PENTA Communications, Inc., has announced that the firm will be accepting applications for its 2015 Female Leadership Scholarship.
This annual scholarship, which is now in its 10th year, is awarded to a Westborough High School (WHS) college-bound senior who exemplifies leadership, academic proficiency, dedication to her community, participates in diversified extracurricular activities, and demonstrates leadership in her responsibilities during her high school years.
“We are very excited to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our leadership scholarship and look forward to awarding this year’s recipient in May,” said Deborah Penta, CEO of PENTA Communications, Inc. “We continue to be inspired by the bright young women who apply each year and hope to reconvene all of them as a group to celebrate the scholarship’s anniversary, and to give them an opportunity to develop a network of peers who share the same values, goals and ambitions.”
Over the years, the scholarship has been awarded to young women seeking careers in medicine, teaching, communications, health administration, bioscience and other professions.
WHS female seniors may apply for the $1,000 scholarship until Friday, April 17. Criteria to apply include the following:
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members or those who can detail the applicant’s qualities at WHS;
- Detailed information regarding participation on any teams, committees or place of employment;
- Current resumé or transcript indicating academic standing, as well as activities pertaining to leadership achievements;
- A listing of any charitable work the applicant has accomplished during her high school years; and
- A 200-word essay explaining why the applicant feels she should receive the scholarship.
Submissions may be sent via mail only to:
The PENTA Female Leadership Scholarship
PENTA Communications, Inc.
208 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581