Grafton – Apple Tree Arts has incorporated a mission-related theme into their online auction which launched Friday, May 29. “Curtains Up! Act 3: Conversation with An Artist” is an opportunity for regional, national and international networks to support Apple Tree Arts, a nonprofit music and performing arts education organization, by bidding on conversations with artists, gift certificates and packages donated by individuals and businesses and by donating to a newly-established scholarship fund. The auction closes at 6 p.m. Friday, June 12. https://charityauction.bid/appletreearts
This is an excellent way for anyone interested in music, theatre, film and/or TV to have a conversation with musicians, performers and other professionals who are working in music and/or performing arts. The “artists,” who live coast-to-coast in the U.S. and Ireland, have agreed to a half-hour conversation with the winning bidders. Whether that’s a phone call, through Zoom or another option, will be decided by the winning bidder and artist (facilitated by Apple Tree Arts).
Is there a recent college grad, teenager, family member or friend who would benefit or appreciate one of these conversations? Can’t figure out what to get for Father’s Day? Make it an early gift and let dad choose who he would like to converse with.
Apple Tree Arts thanks the auction sponsors: Homefield Credit Union, Apollo Piano Company and Beatz Dance Studio.
- National and international tour Broadway actors, producers and directors (“Annie,” “Anastasia,” “Amos Heart,” “Hairspray,” “Joseph and The Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Master Class,” “My Fair Lady,” “The Producers,” “Hamilton,” “Wicked,” “The Book of Mormon,” “ Les Misérables,” “The Phantom of The Opera,” “Miss Saigon”)
- Television actors (“All in The Family,” “Archie Bunker’s Place,” “Rescue Me,” “Star Trek: Voyager,” “The Sopranos,” “Ugly Betty”)
- Film actors, screenwriters, directors, producers (“Fangs,” “The Producers,” “The Bronx is Burning,” “The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys,” “Bridge to Terabithia,” “A Wrinkle in Time”)
- Songwriters and music producers (Natasha Bedingfield’s “Unwritten”and “Pocketful of Sunshine,” Adam Levine’s “Lost Stars”)
- Chart-topping/award winning rock, jazz and blues band lead and back up vocalists and instrumentalists – percussion, guitar (New Radicals, Sara Bareilles, John Oates, Jennifer Nettles, The Contenders, Brittany Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, JADA, Alanis Morrissette, Mick Jagger, The B-52’s, Carly Simon, Lisa Marie Presley, Michelle Branch )
- CEO of Independent Film Company, 50 Eggs (who is also an Olympian and recovering lawyer). 50 Eggs explores the concept of overcoming obstacles, whether it is a fight for social change or issues of poverty and lack of opportunity.
- Grammy award winning recording engineers and productions (Flo Rida, Michael Bublé, Ludacris, Adam Lambert, “Fantasia,” Michael Bolton, “Weird Al” Yankovic, ”Outlander,” “Black Sails,” “The Walking Dead,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” “Eureka”)
Watch for daily social media posts and information highlighting participating artists and their work as well as shout outs to auction donors. Bid for yourself, a family member or friend or make it a family conversation. As a bidder, you will support Apple Tree Arts while providing a unique opportunity that may change someone’s life!